How We Interview Subject Matter Experts
by Susan Varty, Founder and CEO
Sometimes, a big part of creating great content is interviewing someone else.
Whether it’s a formal interview for a case study, or speaking with someone to craft an in-depth blog or article, HeadStart offers three interviews per month with the people in your network. They may be a team member, someone on your leadership team, or a customer – anyone with the details so we can write what you need.
Here’s how clients can request a piece with an interview:
- Send your outline/interview questions by email, or through our web portal, Nectar, and let us know an interview is required.
- We will reach out to schedule a recorded call on our conference line or make other tech arrangements with you. Recording the call helps us capture the exact phrases to craft the content and match the brand tone and style you want to achieve.
- That’s it!
The official rules:
- Copy-as-a-Service includes a 30 minute phone interview with one (1) subject matter expert (SME) per piece up to three (3) pieces per month. Three (3) additional SME interviews are available for an additional flat fee per month.
- An outline/questions (a brief) is required before the interview is booked.
- Calls are recorded on HeadStart’s conference line to capture insights, tone and style, whenever possible.
- Fees apply if the call is rescheduled except for emergencies.
- Turnaround times start after the interview has taken place.
HeadStart is different because the subscription-style service offers greater flexibility and opportunities for productivity increases. As a marketer, I appreciate HeadStart because they are committed to delivering the highest-quality editorial output. Our favourite thing about HeadStart is the personalized service aspect.
Our favourite thing about HeadStart was how we could scale up our content production with a team dedicated to Briq's success. We were able to produce more long-form content and branch out into different styles thanks to HeadStart's expertise and knowledge. Lawrence — our writer — was always up to the task and recreated the Briq voice and tone through multiple content styles.
HeadStart is different because: the true care and value that they provide us. Creating content is a huge part of my role, so being able to trust an agency that captures the voice of our customer perfectly is essential. As a marketer, I appreciate HeadStart because they: are easy to work with and understand our needs.