The Great Social Media Unicorn Post
by Susan Varty, Managing Partner
Some things are hard to find. That’s why they’re called unicorns.
So, here are the six elements of a great social media “unicorn” post:
- A personal, “direct-to-the-reader”, relaxed tone that demonstrates passion about the topic even if it is posted as a corporation.
- One or two (no more!) hashtags to help people find the content but not overwhelm the reader.
- Proper grammar and punctuation to build trust and make a good first impression – important on dating profiles too!
- An image, preferably a closeup of someone’s face or multiple faces.
- Mentioning someone else’s full name. People like their names in lights and are more likely to share.
- A link or clear message about what the reader should do next. Not necessarily a “call to action” but it should be focused on any “next steps”. People often follow the instructions when you tell them exactly what to do next.
Did you find one yourself? Send it to me if you did. We have one winner so far for 2018: Blenda Runebjork of KPMG. Who will challenge her? There is a plush unicorn delivered to your door if you do…
P.S. Did this post make you a little crazy because you have the perfect social media unicorn formula? Contact me and tell me about it.
photo credit: rawpixel.All Posts
HeadStart is different because the subscription-style service offers greater flexibility and opportunities for productivity increases. As a marketer, I appreciate HeadStart because they are committed to delivering the highest-quality editorial output. Our favourite thing about HeadStart is the personalized service aspect.
Our favourite thing about HeadStart was how we could scale up our content production with a team dedicated to Briq's success. We were able to produce more long-form content and branch out into different styles thanks to HeadStart's expertise and knowledge. Lawrence — our writer — was always up to the task and recreated the Briq voice and tone through multiple content styles.
HeadStart is different because: the true care and value that they provide us. Creating content is a huge part of my role, so being able to trust an agency that captures the voice of our customer perfectly is essential. As a marketer, I appreciate HeadStart because they: are easy to work with and understand our needs.